Monday, August 8, 2011

Armor of God!

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.  For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.  In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.  Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
                                                                                                                Ephesians 6:10-17


I just made this wooden cross not to long ago to place at my dog's grave that recently passed. Instead of just using this for her, I use it for myself. Every night I make my way down the yard to pray. This is where I lay my life down for Him.
Tonight was upsetting for me. Every night, Sarah, Ann, and I have a bible study/devotional at their house. Tonught, my brother joined us because we wanted to be away from home. It was my parents anniversary and we wanted to leave them alone. Ashton, my brother, wasnt very interested in our bible study. Every night I have been praying for Him so that He can make the right decisions in life. Me and my mom picked out a scripture for him so that he can say it every time he comes into a road block in life. Ephesians 6:10-17 is what we decided to use. It is perfect for him. Whenever we come into an obstacle in life, we need to put on our breastplate of righteousness, our belt of truth, and our shield of faith! God is our armor and we need to use it!
I admire the words that our pastor preaches at church. He said last summer that a Christian without a bible is like a soldier without a gun. We need to use scripture in time of battle. It is very important to have a scripture for every obstacle that comes before you.
Id love for everybody to keep my brother in your prayers. He needs it. I dont want to lose him. I cant worry because I know that God wont let anything happen to him. God has grabbed him by the heart and He will never let go. We cant get away from God. Everywhere we go, He pops up somehow in our life to show us that He is really there. You just have to look out. Put on your spiritual eyeglasses, your gospel goggles. :D I love that! We need to put on our gospel goggles and look at the bright side of things. Do everything that pleases God.

No comments:

Post a Comment